NexsysADC Automated Dispensing Cabinet
NexsysADC™ is the most secure technology to manage controlled medications, STAT/first doses and e-kits. NexsysADC dramatically improves current manual methods for safely storing and dispensing non-patient specific medications at the point of care (especially controlled meds and high-value meds). This highly efficient system brings peace of mind for the pharmacy, and process improvement for the facility’s nursing staff alike. At all times, you know what medications are inside each NexsysADC cabinet, who’s accessing them, and what medication is dispensed to which patient. The end result: Medications are secured, and ROI is assured for both the pharmacy and the facility.
- Choose the design: Available in main cabinet size and countertop 4T size.
- Choose the right level of security and access: Each pharmacy and senior care facility staff member is assigned user privileges. And with the pharmacy and facility connected 24/7 via cloud networking, the system tracks what medication is picked, who picked it, and for which patient.
- Choose the right quantity of controlled meds to store in CAMs: The proprietary Controlled Access Modules (CAMs) are tamper-resistant, locking, individual cells that hold single doses. Each CAM can hold up to 25 SKUs.
- Choose the number of NexsysADC units to deploy: NexsysADC is the only practical, affordable automated dispensing cabinet so you can deploy at each facility, not just the largest. Cloud connectivity allows you to easily expand to more facilities.
NexsysADC is designed for:
- Offsite control of non-patient specific controlled and high-value medications
- Decentralized medication inventory control
- Starter doses, STAT doses, 1st doses, e-kits
- Avoidance of controlled medication theft and loss
- Cost-cutting (decrease or eliminate local pharmacy delivery fees)
- Billing control
- Optional Accessories
- Cloud-based, HIPAA-compliant system provides 24/7 access to inventory information, user tracking, electronic ordering, and integration with your pharmacy software systems
- Infinitely safer than manual ‘tackle box’ methods for stat doses/starter doses/e-kits
- Available as a floor-based main cabinet or countertop-sized NexsysADC 4T
- Main cabinet: Choose up to 10 Controlled Access Modules (CAMs) to automate from 25 up to 250 controlled or high-value medications; 4T countertop cabinet: Choose up to 4 CAMs.
- Capacity for almost 400 unique oral solid medication SKUs
- Multiple reports to give valuable data and feedback on system operation, grouped by Inventory, Activity, User, Billing, Patient
- Accommodates virtually all medication and supply packaging types, from unit dose to punch cards to PRNs and bulk supplies
- Integrated All-In-One touch screen computer
- Capsa Healthcare is the only LTC medication management company that is ISO 27001:2013 information security management certified for cyber security and HIPAA compliance
Well Suited For
- Senior care facilities and nursing homes
- Critical access hospitals
- Surgery centers
- Residential care facilities
- Rehab and psych environments
- Veterinary and dental clinics
- Nursing education simulation
- Main Cabinet:
- 43″(h) 24″(d) 25″(w) / 109(h) 61(d) 65(w)cm
- Adjustable 22″ touchscreen monitor
- Work surface height 43″
- Weight 145 lbs (empty) up to 350 lbs (with 10 CAMs)
- Capacity up to 400 SKUs (highly configurable)
- Holds up to 10 Controlled Access Modules (CAMs)
- 4T Countertop Cabinet:
- 23.5”(w) 20.4”(d) 17.7”(h) / 60(w) 52(d) 45(h) cm
- Adjustable 14″ touchscreen monitor (total unit height 26” / 66cm)
- Weight 100 lbs (empty)
- Capacity up to 150 SKUs (highly configurable)
- Holds up to 4 Controlled Access Modules (CAMs)
- Each CAM is configured for up to 25 SKUs
- 2D barcode scanner
- Biometric finger scanner
- Windows 10 operating system
- Ethernet, WiFi networking
- Built-in uninterrupted power supply (operation up to 13 hours)
- Power requirements: Standard dedicated universal outlet
- UL tested & approved
For The Pharmacy:
Pharmacy management can eliminate the need for 24-hour delivery or courier services for first doses and e-kits. The pharmacy is connected to the facility and unit at all times via a robust cloud connection, so each transaction and inventory is visible. Diversion concerns and missed billing paperwork are eliminated. Plus, NexsysADC costs about 40% less than alternative automated dispensing cabinets. Thus, a faster ROI without compromise.
For The Care Facility:
The right STAT dose/1st dose is always on hand at the exact time it’s needed. Plus there’s no missing or incomplete paperwork. Advanced security features include prox card and biometric authentication. Controls and high-value medication handling are carefully orchestrated and individual user rights and access are pre-defined. And patient care is greatly streamlined by having doses available exactly when needed; nurses get into NexsysADC, get the right medication, and get on with patient care.